Have you thought about putting your love of math and problem-solving to work? Don’t miss 2024’s Actuarial Boot Camp, an intensive and interactive one-week program for high school students and college freshmen that will show you the ropes of the profession and prep you for an actuarial exam!
CT IFS is proud to announce Travelers as host company for the 2024 Actuarial Boot Camp!
Unique Insight from actuaries all in different fields stages in their careers
Internships and opportunities with participating companies
Hosted 15 sessions with more than 300 Boot Camp alumni
Actuaries are business professionals who use mathematics, statistics, and financial investment theory to study uncertain future events, analyze their financial consequences, and develop programs to reduce the impact of associated risks – especially those of concern to insurance companies.
Seeking: Self-motivated students with a passion for math and solving complex math problems
Program Dates: July 29 – August 2 (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily)
Host & Location: Travelers, 50 Prospect St, Hartford, CT
(CDC guidelines for COVID will be observed.)
(Fee waiver is available for anyone requesting financial assistance)
• Sessions focused on writing skills, negotiation strategies and professional ethics
• Networking opportunities: meet actuaries working in insurance (life, property-casualty and health), finance, government, risk assessment and consulting!
• Guest speakers from companies like The Hartford, Aetna, Cigna, Nassau Financial, Travelers, UnitedHealthcare and Voya Financial
• Guidance on internships, employment, and career advancement
• Study notes and an exam-approved calculator
• Lunch and snacks each day of the program
• Formal Culmination Program with The Hartford
• Opportunity for a Job Shadow Day
• Option to take an actuarial exam free of charge!
• Be a high school senior in Fall 2023; a high school graduate/college-bound student as of June 2023; or a current college freshman.
• Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• Be currently taking or have already taken Pre-Calculus, Honors Calculus (including Integration), Calculus AB, or Calculus BC. A minimum of Pre-Calculus is required.
Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be placed in a lottery and the selected participants will be notified by email the week of May 29, 2024. Accepted applicants must pay tuition (or request financial assistance) by June 9, 2024.
Applicants must verify they meet program eligibility requirements, and in addition to submitting the online application, are required to submit a copy of their transcript (unofficial transcripts are okay) and a completed and signed Teacher Submission Form. Teacher Submission Forms must be completed by the applicant’s high school teacher or college professor responsible for the highest level of math that they have completed.
Submission deadline for the online application is May 26, 2024. Transcripts and Teacher Submission Forms must be emailed to programs@connecticutIFS.com by May 26, 2024.
CT IFS and The Hartford are excited to learn more about you and we thank you for your interest in 2024 Actuarial Boot Camp. Feel free to reach out to programs@connecticutIFS.com at any point with questions. We look forward to hearing from you!