CT IFS served as a major driver at the inception of the IFS Center for Educational Excellence, a workforce development initiative designed to address the industry’s short and long-term workforce needs. The partnership, rooted in the Center's Executive Advisory Committee, was created in step with receipt of a $2.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor in 2007. The grant was disbursed to develop on-demand training exclusively “designed by the industry for the industry.” The Advisory Committee convened more than 20 businesses, academic institutions and government agencies to:
- Monitor job trends via SkillPROOF, the job market intelligence platform
- Act as a review panel for industry-related curricula
- Survey Human Resource Directors for workforce needs
- Provide data to secondary and post-secondary institutions
- Act as a think-tank for future workforce issues
This important body was reconstituted in 2016 as the CT IFS Workforce Advisory Committee. Stay tuned for more on the Workforce Advisory Committee: June 2017, CT IFS will unveil a new human resources survey and report, having revived its baseline in 2016 with outreach to more than 150 human resources professionals across Connecticut.